Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is Risen... And This Means?


Today is Easter. Resurrection Sunday. Pretty much everyone knows that this is the day that Christians celebrate Jesus rising from the dead. Conquering sin. Redeeming the world. All that stuff that so many people consider the stuff of myth and legend. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, you may ask, "You think Jesus is alive, wow... and this means what exactly?" I just want to explain what I think it means... I could be wrong. But whatever. This is what I believe.
A lot of men have claimed to be God, but I worship a God who was willing to be a man.

Ok, for a moment, I'll assume that Jesus wasn't God. For a brief instant, I'll entertain the thought that he was just a carpenter. That he was "just a good man."
He claimed to be God. In fact, they killed Him because He would not stop saying that He was God. If He wasn't God, then He wouldn't be a good man. He would be one of the worst men in the history of the world. On top of conning thousands of people while He was here on earth, He would also be a sick liar. Would you do that? Would you claim that you were something you weren't if it meant you would be killed for saying so?

This is why I believe Jesus is who He said He was: because of what it cost Him. Plain and simple. He didn't die to bring glory to Himself. He died to bring glory to His Father, and yes, they are the same, three in one, yes. But Jesus was human. Separated from His Father for a time, yet still connected. He claimed He died for humanity. So that humanity could live forever in peace and happiness. That is why I worship Jesus. He died for me. He paid a debt that I have absolutely NO chance of paying, let alone even putting a dent into it. And the only thing He asks is that I live for the glory of God? It may seem like quite a bit, but in reality, it's nothing when compared to the astounding work He accomplished on the cross.

Yeah, there are a ton of Christians who shove there rules and "holier-than-thouism" on others. But it's those people who are forgetting that Jesus died for their sins just as much as He died for the people that they're judging. Don't let these bad examples distract and repel you from accepting the saving grace of Jesus.

Please, accept Him today. He has always, always, ALWAYS accepted and forgiven you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say whatever you wish. I want to hear what you think... About this post.