Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Redeemer's Love

            As the shadow of the Christmas season fades, I think about our AMAZING Savior. Does it shock you that Jesus was willing to die for you and me? We can be very sinful at times and He knew this all along, but He didn’t think twice about it, He came.
            For this next section, I will use the parable of the prodigal son to help illustrate my point. At the point of conversion, God the Father takes our filthy rags and gives us a clean robe, a ring, and a new life. He only asks two things of us, #1 to not get our clothes dirty (that was a BIG paraphrase of when Jesus said “Go and sin no more, but only I use this for the purpose of illustration) and #2 to live for Him. But, we, being human, don’t listen. Then we repent of our wrong, ask forgiveness for our sin, and the Father says, “You know what, My Son died for all mankind, His blood is definitely enough to cover this sin. I forgive you.” And you know what? He does it again and again, because we sin again and again. It blows me away that He forgives again and again, without thinking twice. This is love. I have five younger brothers who I love, okay, most of them can take care of themselves now, but when they were younger, I can remember getting them ready for church and washing their face, getting them clean. Nevertheless, they were little boys, and no matter how hard I tried, they wouldn’t stay clean, so after the tenth, scratch that, the fifth time of washing them in a short amount of time, I would start to get frustrated with them, I was like, “Why can’t you just stay clean?,”  but God NEVER gets even mildly upset with us after all that we do, He just cleans us up and pushes us on. I just picture myself at the end of all things and Satan will stand there pointing at the faintest, little smudge on my white garment, perhaps a sin that I didn’t repent of, and he laughs, “Aha! Aha! Look here, he was not forgiven of this sin!” and my Wonderful Master Jesus Christ looks from the smudge to His Holy and Just Father and says, “Father, I died for Simeon’s sins, didn’t I?” and God will say, “Yes, Son, You did.”
            Jesus will continue, “And is he in my Book of Life?”
            The Father will say, “Yes, he is.”
            Then Jesus will turn to Satan and say, “Be gone, Satan, My blood is enough to cover this last sin.”
            Wow, “How Marvelous, How wonderful is my Savior’s love for me.

Hallelujah, Amen.
Simeon
2 Cor. 5:17-21

1 comment:

  1. That was a good post, Simeon. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Please say whatever you wish. I want to hear what you think... About this post.