Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Hope SHOULD BE Built On Nothing Less

Have you ever heard Hawk Nelson’s song “Friend Like That”? Part of it says “I, I need Somebody on the inside. I, I want Somebody who can set me free. I’m not the only one who feels like this, I’ve got a few others around me. Hey! Hey! Let me hear you say, make some noise if you feel this way. Hey! If you got a Friend like that. Hey! Let’s scream and shout if you know what I’m talkin’ about! Hey! If you got a Friend like that.” I thoroughly enjoy this song and I feel like screaming and shouting. Anyway, to move on to my point. Sometimes, as Christians, we lose sight of where our joy comes from in life. We place our hope in things of this world and when those things fail us, we become disheartened. A good friend of mine told me recently, “You can’t rely on other humans for approval or acceptance, the only person you should care about approving you is Jesus, if you have His approval, then nothing else matters. He has already accepted you.”  This friend of mine is rarely serious and if he reads this, he would probably be surprised by the impact that his statement made on me. I already knew what he said was true, but God knew I needed that wake-up call. Christians should be the happiest people on earth, but because we place our hope in something other than Jesus, we constantly lose our joy. We need to remember that we have “Somebody on the inside” and we have “Somebody who can set us free” so we should “scream and shout” because we have a solid Rock to place our hope on. The world should know, without a doubt, who we serve because of our happiness (besides our love). Jesus has saved us and He will NEVER let us down. This should make us happy. We have a “Friend like that” and this should cause us to be extremely joyful.

Thanks for reading,
Simeon
2 Cor. 5:17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say whatever you wish. I want to hear what you think... About this post.