Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

On Death and What is to Come

Last night, the song “It is not Death to Die” played on my phone and, as I listened to it, my mind was drawn to those I know that have gone on before me. I see a healed Mrs. Reich, worshipping Jesus without a hint of cancerous pain. I see Cousin Scottie, a wide grin plastered on his face, shouting for joy and lifting the arms, arms that were so long rendered useless by ALS, in praise of the Great Physician. I see R.C. Sproul, breathing without the help of an oxygen tank, singing as he beholds the unimaginable glory that he declared for decades. The glory of the Great I Am. 

I think of these few and I am innocently jealous that they have beat me home... but then I am reminded that they ran their race, I have a few more laps to go. I know my day will come, as fast as the blink of an eye, and I don’t fear that day at all. I pray that, when I do reach those beautiful gates, I will have left a similar impact on those who knew me. That when I’m gone, people won’t imagine that “heaven got another angel” but that I will have lived in such a way that no one will doubt where I will be. For I will be bowing at the feet of my King, all my struggles a thing of the past, finally made wholly without sin through His blood. 


Still, I am content to live on, however long He has written for me. I will receive the blessings with gratitude and the trials with faith. One day I’ll make it home. Oh my! What a day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say whatever you wish. I want to hear what you think... About this post.