Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Past Few Weeks...

I really need to get better at writing posts more often. I've been super busy of late, so my apologies for the three of you who want me to write more. I've started college and, between school and work, I don't have a lot of free time. The free time that I do have I am using to hang out with my friends. So, what has happened in the weeks of no posts? Frozen happened. Yeah, that was a great movie...
After several long years of hardship, my church shut its doors. I said this about it on Facebook... "It's weird to think that I've been on this amazing journey with the congregation of Peninsula Household of Faith for a decade. It was sunny for three years and then came this massive storm. It's been a long seven years of turmoil, pain, and rainy days, but it has definitely been worth it. I would like to publicly thank my Dad and Mom and Mr. and Mrs. Barrueto for leading the church through the trials of life. You were left with a battered and sinking ship, but you didn't bail. You nursed it along to its destination and, although it is time to retire the vessel, you didn't let the storm beat you. Thank you. To my friends who stayed true through it all, you don't know how much you mean to me. I will never leave you guys because you never left me. Lastly, thank you Jesus for being my strength and shield, my rock and my comforter. I know you've got fabulous plans and I know that there will be tougher storms, but you know what? I never heard You say that it would be easy. I definitely know that You said it will be worth it. I look forward to what You have next. Goodbye PHF, you will live forever in my memories." If you want to hear the full story (or what I know of it) just message me on Facebook and ask, but that's all I am going to say about it here. Where to next? Well, it appears we're going to start going to Mars Hill: Tacoma... (w00t!!!) They opened at the beginning of this year. It's pretty dope. I'm excited to see where God's going to take me this year. :) Also, I'm not even a big football fan, but the SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPERBOWL! And that's pretty exciting too. Ciao! Simeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say whatever you wish. I want to hear what you think... About this post.